Embodiment for Forest Therapy Guides - Cohort 2
Live Sessions: Mondays at 9am PST | 12:00pm EST | 6pm CET
Starts: 14th of February
Ends: 25th of April
Who is this Course For:
This course is open to any Forest Therapy Guide that wants to explore embodiment and movement as a resource for presence and authenticity and how to bring these tools effectively to our guiding practice.
Certified Forest Therapy Guides: seeking to deepen their embodiment practice as part of their professional development as Forest Therapy Guides. Learn and experience new embodiment tools and embodied resources that will support presence and awareness for guiding and for life.
Forest Therapy Guides in Training: that are wanting to develop an embodiment practice in support of their learning journey to become Forest Therapy guides. This course will provide tools and resources to navigate the Forest Therapy Guide Training with presence and embodied resilience.
Explore and Discover Embodied Resources to Support your work as a Guide:
What is Included in this Experiential Course:
- Live Sessions: A series of 11 Live 1.5 hour sessions where the material for each module is offered experientially. An opportunity to be supported in the field of a group of fellow guides, together in this embodiment journey. An opportunity to be witnessed in your explorations and be inspired by the experiences and discoveries of the group.
- Theoretical Framework: Each module includes a written chapter that supports the cognitive learning and understanding of the content offered in the experiential lesson.
- Explorations: A series of invitations and explorations to support your home practice of the embodied resources discovered in the experiential lesson.
- Audio Invitations: Each module offers audio invitations to bring the explorations outside into nature.
What You Will Learn:
This course is an experiential journey to discover and practice embodied resources for presence and awareness:
- Movement practices and explorations offering a non-cognitive experience of the body and the present moment.
- Three fundamental orientations for presence: Earth, Space and Breath
- How different anatomical body systems offer different qualities and resources for each element of the Standard Sequence and for life.
- Embodied and authentic creation of a field of presence that supports your guiding.
- Embodied communication.
This 11 Module Course Covers:
- Introduction to the Course
- Establishing Nowness
- Breath of Life and Reciprocity
- Embodied Perception of Wholeness
- Alignment and Clarity and the Introduction to a Forest Therapy Walk
- Sensory Perception of the World and POP
- Yielding and WIM
- Embodied Play and Resources for Vitality and Partnership Invitations
- Embodied Listening and the Art of Witnessing
- Tone and Fluidity - Edges and Headroom
- Authentic Embodied Communication
- Integration and Tea
About Embodiment and Forest Therapy
Our bodies are present from the moment we draw our first breath to the moment we draw the last one. As we develop and grow from babies into adults we become conditioned and progressively loose our embodied sense of presence and beingness. We learn how to interpret ourselves and the body through the lens of our cognitive and rational minds moving away from the language of the body that is simply the non-cognitive language of movement.
The Forest exists in the present moment. One of the crucial aspects of being a guide is to attune to this frequency of the forest, in each moment, so as to be able to “open the doors” for the forest to be able to be seen and experienced by participants in this present moment. Another important aspect of our work as guides is to understand and practice Way of the Guide. By becoming more aware of our bodies and how to consciously develop resources for presence and witnessing, we are able to have more clarity on what it is that we need to be aware of to remain in Way of the Guide.
In this 11-week course, we will go on an experiential journey of embodiment and movement exploring different body systems and the resources they offer for our journey in life and as Forest Therapy Guides. Each module of the course relates to the Standard Sequence and to different key elements of being a guide like Way of the Guide, Language of Invitation, Deep Listening and Edges and Headroom.