Embodiment for Forest Therapy Guides - Self Paced
Who is this Course For?
This course is open to any Forest Therapy Guide that wants to explore embodiment and movement as a resource for presence and authenticity and how to bring these tools effectively to our guiding practice.
Forest Therapy Guides in Training: that are wanting to develop an embodiment practice in support of their learning journey to become Forest Therapy guides. This course will provide tools and resources to navigate the Forest Therapy Guide Training with presence and embodied resilience.
Certified Forest Therapy Guides: seeking to deepen their embodiment practice as part of their professional development as Forest Therapy Guides. Learn and experience new embodiment tools and embodied resources that will support presence and awareness for guiding and for life.
Trainers, Apprentice Trainers and Mentors of Guides: that are wanting to deepen their own journey with embodiment and explore embodied resources and tools to support their work as facilitators and their own guiding practice.
Explore and Discover Embodied Resources to Support your work as a Guide: (Video)
What is Included in this Experiential Self-Paced Course:
Video Guided Embodiment Explorations: Each module includes an introductory video to the course and a series of guided movement exploration videos that will support your own movement practice and deepening exploration with embodiment.
Audio Guided Invitations: Each module offers audio invitations to bring the embodiment explorations outside into the More than Human World to support integration of the embodiment practices within the context of Forest Therapy.
Explorations: A series of invitations and explorations to support your home practice of the embodied resources discovered in the experiential lesson.
Theoretical Framework Modules: Each module includes a written chapter that supports the cognitive learning and understanding of the content offered in the experiential lessons.
- Monthly Live Calls - These calls will serve to bring together all guides that are taking the course, wherever they may be in the course, to create a field of practice, witnessing and listening to each other. It will be a space where live embodiment practices will be offered as well. We aim to build a community of guides with a shared interest in embodiment.
What You Will Learn:
This course is an experiential journey to discover and practice embodied resources for presence and awareness:
- Movement practices and explorations offering a non-cognitive experience of the body and the present moment.
- Three fundamental orientations for presence: Earth, Space, and Breath
- How different anatomical body systems offer different qualities and resources for each element of the Standard Sequence and for Life.
- Embodied and authentic creation of a field of presence that supports your guiding.
- Embodied communication.
- Introduction to the Course
- Establishing Nowness
- Breath of Life and Reciprocity
- Embodied Perception of Wholeness
- Alignment and Clarity and the Introduction to a Forest Therapy Walk
- Sensory Perception of the World and POP
- Yielding and WIM
- Embodied Play and Resources for Vitality and Partnership Invitations
- Embodied Listening and the Art of Witnessing
- Tone and Fluidity - Edges and Headroom
- Authentic Embodied Communication
- Integration and Tea
How much time should I expect to put in to this experience?
The embodiment journey is unique and unfolding and will be different for everyone. The more time and space you dedicate to your embodiment practice, the more you build vocabulary and resilience in the somatic language and expression of your body. The course is self-paced and there will be a 1h30min live session every month for group practice and witnessing and sharing independently of where you might be in the course.
Do I have to be a Forest Therapy Guide to take this course?
Yes. Certified Guide or in Training. This course is designed around the ANFT Standard Sequence of a Forest Therapy Walk.
Do I have to attend all the calls?
You do not have to attend all the live sessions. They are intended to build community around embodiment for forest therapy guides and they are a space for sharing and witnessing.
What do I need to participate in the live calls
All the live sessions will be guided movement explorations. We strongly recommend that you create a space at home that is comfortable for you to move freely around the space and on the floor. You might consider the following: - Create a comfortable space where you can move freely around the room and on the floor. - Having a yoga mat, blankets and pillows and any other props you need for comfort. - Drawing materials that include A3 blank drawing paper and any colouring materials that you lie to work with like crayons, pencils and colouring markers. - A journal - Water bottle and any other drinks like warm tea. - Speaker or sound system to connect to your computer or digital device through which you will connect to the live session